Do you want to restore a WhatsApp chat? ok, don’t worry we have the solution.
It is not a rare problem, many people face this problem.
There are multiple ways to restore WhatsApp chat, we will discuss all the possible ways in this article.
How to restore WhatsApp chat?
If you kept enabling the backup option of WhatsApp earlier then you can restore your old message at any time.
Let me show you how to restore a WhatsApp chat from backup. Follow the below steps
- Open WhatsApp- At first, you need to open WhatsApp app on your smartphone.
- Click on three dots- You can see a three dots icon on the above corner, click on that icon
- Go to settings- You can see the option ‘Settings’ at the last of the box. Click into that
- Click on chats- Now click on the chats button
- Chat backup – To start the process of backup click on the ‘Chat Backup’ option and backup your chats in google drive.
Now you need to uninstall your WhatsApp account and reinstall it again on your smartphone.
After reinstalling your WhatsApp account log in to your account with your phone number.
After Finishing all the login processes, there will be an option called ‘Restore’ click on that link and restore your backup file which you downloaded earlier.
In this way, you can restore a WhatsApp chat very easily. This method can be worked on both android and ios devices.
how to restore WhatsApp backup without uninstalling?
Do you have some important chats on your WhatsApp and you want to backup your chats to restore it on your new phone?
In this case, you need to have a desktop or a laptop before starting the restoration process.
Without a laptop or desktop, it can’t happen anyway. We will be using a software called wondershare Mobiletrans , which is free to use on the internet.
- Type wondershare Mobiletrans on the google search bar
- Download the application
- Launch it on Your desktop or laptop
- Open the application and select the option WhatsApp
- Now connect an android or ios device with your computer
- Now select backup WhatsApp messages
- It will connect your smartphone with the computer automatically
- Click on the Start button and the backup process will start
- Now again WhatsApp on your smartphone and go to the chats tab
- Check on the backup option, it will automatically backup your old messages
- Wait some time to finish the backup and download it on your android or ios device
This is the alternative way to restore your WhatsApp chat.
How to restore WhatsApp chat from Google Drive?
When you backup your chat on WhatsApp the backup files are uploaded in Google Drive.
Now I’m going to show you how to restore WhatsApp chat from google drive
- At first, uninstall the existing WhatsApp and reinstall it on your smartphone
- Login into WhatsApp by verifying your phone number
- Now when the restore option will be shown, click on restore from google drive
- After completing your restoration process click on Next.
More Related Articles
- How to send WhatsApp chats without saving the number on your phone
- How to make WhatsApp video calls on your laptop or computer
- How To Create A Public Link For Your WhatsApp Group
- What is Whatsapp? A To Z Information
- What is A WhatsApp Business Account? Full Information
- What is WhatsApp Web?
- How To Delete WhatsApp Group iPhone or Android (Easy Way)
In this article, we discussed how to restore a chat on WhatsApp. You can use google drive to restore your chat or you can also use an application called Wondershare MobileTrans. Both are real techniques. If you face any problem related to this query please do comment and we will fix that for sure. Thanks for reading the article.