Unnecessary messages are very disturbing as it consumes our valuable time.
There are some members in the group who send unnecessary messages every time and at the same time, you don’t want to exit the group.
In this case, we have some solutions for you. In this article, we are going to talk about how to stop receiving messages on WhatsApp groups without exiting.
How to mute any individual chat in WhatsApp?
We know some groups are very disturbing, you can mute these groups to prevent unwanted messages. Follow the below steps to mute any group in WhatsApp.
- At first, tap on the WhatsApp icon and open the app
- Now go to the chat you want to mute
- Tap the chat for a while
- Now click on mute option (It will be showing on the top)
- Next click on any one option 8 hours, 1 week or Always
- After that click on the OK button.
You can mute a chat for 8 hours, 1 week, or Always. If you click on the always option then the chat will remain mute for a lifetime until you go and unmute the chat.
How to mute a group in WhatsApp?
To mute, a useless group is very important In our WhatsApp application.
See the method below for how you can mute a group in WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp and open it on your smartphone
- Now go to the chat tab and tap on the group for a while until the mute option comes
- Now click on the mute option and select the mute duration
- Click on the OK button
This is how you virtually leave the group without knowing anyone.
- Click on the WhatsApp icon and open it
- Go to the chat tabs
- Now open the group
- Click on three dots on the right above corner
- After that click on the ‘Mute Notification’ option
- Select the period and finally click on OK
Archived the group: This is another way to stop receiving messages on WhatsApp without exiting the group.
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone
- Open the group on the chat tabs
- Tap the group for a while and click on the Archived option on the tap
More Related Articles
- How to send WhatsApp chats without saving the number on your phone
- How to make WhatsApp video calls on your laptop or computer?
- How To Create A Public Link For Your WhatsApp Group?
- What is Whatsapp?
- What is A WhatsApp Business Account?
- What is WhatsApp Web
- How To Delete WhatsApp Group
Notification disturbs our mind and work, we should always mute those groups which are useless and keep those groups unmute which are necessary. You can follow the above methods we share to stop receiving messages secretly.